Certified Dangerous Goods Professional (CDGP®)
IHMM's CDGP credential recognizes expertise in dealing with the safe, secure, and compliant transportation of dangerous goods internationally under the model regulations published by the United Nations, International Maritime Organization, International Civil Aviation Organization, and International Air Transport Association.
All candidates must meet one prerequisite to sit for the CDGP examination:
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in a field related to dangerous goods transportation.
All applications require a non-refundable $175 application fee and two electronic reference evaluations. Applications to take IHMM examinations expire 12 months from the date your application is approved. There is a $360 examination fee payable at the time you are ready to take the exam. Should you not pass on your first attempt, the exam retake fee is $150.
You must register for and complete the examination within the allotted 12 month period, or you will have to start over as a new candidate, and meet the requirements that are in effect at that time.
Candidates must demonstrate through experience and examination, that they have the knowledge and skills appropriate for dealing with the transportation and security of hazardous materials/dangerous goods using the following regulations:
- UN Recommendations on the Transport of Dangerous Goods – Model Regulation,17th Edition or later
- International Civil Aviation Organization’s Technical Instructions (ICAO TI), 2011 - 2012 Edition or later
- International Maritime Organization’s Dangerous Goods Code (IMDG Code), 2011 - 2012 Edition or later
- Dangerous Goods Regulations (IATA)
Please view or download the Candidate Handbook for additional information.
Application and Testing Information
- The CDGP examination is open-book (books can be tabbed). Henceforth, the four books permitted into the exam room may have highlighting and/or writing in them since many Dangerous Good Professionals use these books regularly in their jobs. Please note, however, that the CDGP exam candidates can no longer bring writing materials into the exam room, nor will they be provided with scrap paper.
- Only the texts listed above are permitted.
- All examinations are held through the proctored Kryterion HOST® network, at over 900 computer-testing locations world-wide.
- The CDGP examinations are to be completed in 3.5 hours using an open book examination format.
- All applications require a non-refundable $175 application fee paid online using a credit card.
- All applicants require an online application that includes work history detail and two references.
- The CDGP examination consists of 100 multiple choice questions based on the following blueprint.
- IHMM examinations are available in English only. The use of translators or translation materials during the examination is not permitted.
- Other IHMM credential fees will apply
Questions regarding the application or examination process? Please contact us at email@example.com