Coronavirus Outbreak Resource Center
In February of 2020, the World Health Organization’s director-general has declared a public health emergency of international concern over the ongoing outbreak of respiratory illness caused by a novel coronavirus. On March 13, 2020 President Trump declared a national emergency for the United States. IHMM and HMS' first concern is with the safety and health of all of us; our staff and families, colleagues, certificants and members. We will update this page regularly as credible, authoritative information is available.
Novel Coronavirus Resources
- Sole proprietor and small business provisions of H.R. 748 (March 28, 2020)
- H.R. 748 Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act Analysis (March 27, 2020)
- H.R. 6201, Coronavirus Response Act Analysis (March 19)
Small Business Administration:
- SBA COVID-19 Paycheck Protection Program Information (March 31)
- SBA COVID-19 Paycheck Protection Program Fact Sheet (March 31)
- SBA COVID-19 Paycheck Protection Program Application (March 31)
- SBA disaster assistance loans involving COVID-19 (March 26)
Internal Revenue Servuce:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations (March 19)
- CDC Guidance on attendance at large meetings. (March 15)
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Hospital Preparedness Assessment Tool (March 16)
- Interim Guidance for Healthcare Facilities: Preparing for Community Transmission of COVID-19 in the United States (New Feb 29)
- CDC’s 2019 Novel Coronavirus page links to information for healthcare professionals, public health professionals, and laboratories. A frequently updated summary of the latest developments related to the outbreak is also available.
- Interim Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations for Patients with Confirmed 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) or Patients Under Investigation for 2019-nCoV in Healthcare Settings.
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), February 2020
- Frequently Asked Questions about Personal Protective Equipment
- Healthcare Supply of Personal Protective Equipment
- Strategies for Optimizing the Supply of N95 Respirators
- What Healthcare Personnel Should Know about Caring for Patients with Confirmed or Possible 2019-nCoV Infection
- Interim U.S. Guidance for Risk Assessment and Public Health Management of Persons with Potential Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Exposure in Travel-associated or Community Settings
- OSHA Releases COVID-19 Materials in Spanish (April 6, 2020)
- Enforcement Guidance for Respiratory Protection and the N95 Shortage Due to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Pandemic (April 3, 2020)
- COVID-19 and the American Workplace (March 26, 2020)
- DOL Publishes Guidance on Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave (March 24, 2020)
- DOL Twitter Chat on Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) (March 23-29, 2020)
- Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 (March 10, 2020)
- OSHA’s 2019 Novel Coronavirus page includes links to sources on hazard recognition, relevant OSHA standards, medical information, and control and prevention.
- 1910.134 App D – (Mandatory) Information for Employees Using Respirators When not Required Under Standard
World Health Organization:
- Rational use of personal protective equipment for coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- WHO’s Novel Coronavirus page is the source for daily updates to the official statistics concerning the size of the outbreak and countries affected.
- Rights, Roles, and Responsibilities of Healthcare Workers
- Infection Prevention and Control during Healthcare When Novel Coronavirus (nCoV) Infection Is Suspected
- Occupational Safety and Health in Public Health Emergencies
- ePROTECT Respiratory Infections (video): This two-hour online course provides a general introduction to acute respiratory infections and basic hygiene measures to protect against infection.
- COVID-19 risk communication package for healthcare facilities
- Johns Hopkins University COVID-19 Map
- Desperate Need for Donations of PPE
- State of Ohio - COVID-19 Checklist for Employers
- State of Ohio - COVID-19 Screening Employees
- Center for Evidence Based Medicine
- Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2 (March 19)
- How to disinfect frequently touched surfaces: free to download posters from American Chemistry’s Council’s Water Quality & Health Council (March 19)
- New York State Registered Disinfectants Based on EPA List (March 19)
- EPA has activated its Emerging Viral Pathogens Guidance for Antimicrobial Products in order to enable the use of certain EPA-registered disinfectant products against COVID-19.
- CBC video: “Get the Facts on Coronavirus” (New Feb. 29)
- Lafayette Chamber’s Coronavirus Fact Sheet
- 3M: Respiratory Protection for Airborne Exposures to Biohazards
- Council of Canadian Academies: Influenza Transmission and the Role of Personal Protective Respiratory Equipment: An Assessment of the Evidence
- The Change Foundation: Protecting the Faces of Health Care Workers: Knowledge Gaps and Research Priorities for Effective Protection Against Occupationally-Acquired Respiratory Infectious Diseases
- American Chemistry Society virtual issue on chemistry in coronavirus research