Certified Dangerous Goods Professional
The CDGP Field testing activity is now complete and IHMM, with oversight from the CDGP Examination Committee, will be conducting examination statistical analysis to finalize the CDGP credential. IHMM will announce the CDGP credential the first quarter of 2014.
The Certified Dangerous Goods Professional (CDGP) requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the field. Candidates must demonstrate through experience and examination, that they have the knowledge and skills appropriate for dealing with the transportation and security of hazardous materials/dangerous goods using the following regulations:
- UN Recommendations on the Transport of Dangerous Goods – Model Regulation,17th Edition
- International Civil Aviation Organization’s Technical Instructions (ICAO TI), 2011 - 2012 Edition
- International Maritime Organization’s Dangerous Goods Code (IMDG Code), 2011 - 2012 Edition
CDGP Field Test Examination
The CDGP credential is to undergo a Field Test activity to develop the passing score for the CDGP examination. IHMM is currently seeking field test participants to take the examination in order to develop relevant examination statistics. Field Test applicants must qualify for the examination using IHMM's applicant process and take the Field Test examination through the IHMM testing centers. The application process is now open but the last day to sit for the CDGP Field Test Examination is 11 November 2013. IHMM will have the test statistics developed within 90 days of this date.
- All examinations are held through the proctored Kryterion HOST® network, at over 450 computer-testing locations world-wide.
- The CDGP Field Test examinations are to be completed in 3 hours using an open book examination format.
- All applications require a non-refundable $125 application fee paid online using a credit card.
- All applicants require an online application that includes work history detail and two references.
- Apply online here (If you've never applied before, please select the link for "New Applicant" to set up your account).
- The CDGP Field Test examination consists of 100 multiple choice questions based on the following blueprint.
- Field Test examination is available in English only. The use of translators or translation materials during the examination is not permitted.
- Other IHMM credential fees will apply