Candidates need to be familiar with relevant laws and regulations, relevant scientific principles and their application, and best management practices. Many candidates attend overview courses or rely on self-study materials to prepare for taking the examination. IHMM does not require any specific type of exam preparation or training and the exams are not based on any single reference.
These resources are among those that may be helpful and this information is provided for the convenience of candidates.
Ready to learn more? Specific information on each credential follows below. For general information on the certification process, click on these links:
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM)
- Certified Hazardous Materials Practitioner (CHMP)
- Certified Dangerous Goods Professional (CDGP)
- Study Courses and Materials
- Exam Results and Retake Policy. Please see the Candidate Handbook for additional information (Chapter VI).
- Credential Maintenance